Most homeowners do not think too much about the inner workings of a refrigerator unless it shuts down, or it is time to buy a new one. To ensure you get the most use possible from this important appliance it can be useful to know exactly how a refrigerator keeps food and drinks cold—and Elite Appliance Repair is here to explain.
Continue reading to find out what you might need to know about how a refrigerator works, how it cools your food and drinks and if it’s time to connect with refrigerator repair East Orange.
Parts of a Refrigerator
You will not find too many homes that don’t have a refrigerator inside the kitchen. It’s been a must-own household appliance for many years now. A household refrigerator can store food at the right temperature, to prevent spoilage and slow down the growth of bacteria. The cycle of refrigeration works by transferring the warmth from inside of the appliance to the exterior, using principles of condensation and evaporation.
The standard parts of your refrigerator are. For questions or service call Elite Appliance Repair:
The refrigerator compressor is a combination of a pump and a motor, and it is responsible for the circulation of refrigerant throughout the cooling system.
The compressor is an important part of a refrigerator. You should call a professional service if the compressor stops working.
The condenser is found on the rear exterior wall of the appliance and helps to release the warmth absorbed from within the refrigerator then out to the air.
The refrigerator evaporator is located in the inside of the refrigerator where absorbs warmth trapped inside of it, thereby reducing the temperature inside the refrigerator.
Right when an evaporator stops working, it’s time to call a professional. You should not wait until it is too late.
Liquified refrigerant is carried through a capillary tube which works as an expansion tool as it cools the gas, turning it into liquid.
A refrigerator thermostat regulates the temperature within a refrigerator, starting the cooling cycle when required.
The thermostat in a refrigerator is often prone to issues. Troubleshoot and call a contractor in East Orange for service the moment a problem happens.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. When the temperature inside the refrigerator is higher than the set point sensors signal the refrigerator compressor to start, and then the cool down starts. The refrigerator draws in the cool liquid refrigerant, condenses and pressurizes the liquid, and increases the temperature, in order to turn it into a gas.
2. The refrigerator compressor pushes the warm gas towards the refrigerator condenser coils on the rear of the appliance, at which point it comes into contact with the lower air temperature in the room and reverts back to a liquified form.
3. The cooled liquid then continues its trip towards the refrigerator evaporator component, traveling through the coils within the appliance and freezer.
4. The liquid then absorbs the hot air from inside the refrigerator, reducing the temperature until it has reached the best set point.
5. The coolant will evaporate, and will return back into a gas state, and then returns to the compressor to continue the cooling cycle.
Refrigeration technology is found in a number of applications and large appliances, including heat pumps, AC units, refrigerators and residential freezers. By contracting warmth from a single location and then moving it to a different one the cycle of refrigeration will help cooling a home, provides a optimal storage space for food that is perishable, and helps with the manufacturing and storage of a lot of different everyday products and materials.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Does your refrigerator require service? Time to schedule an appointment with Elite Appliance Repair.
Elite Appliance Repair will service all major models of refrigerators – includes commercial models, side-by-side and stand-alone.Our service technicians in East Orange undergo training to repair and troubleshoot cooling problems, broken ice makers, condensation problems, puddles of water and leaks, lighting, digital panels, smart technology and various issues. We know all there is to know about refrigerator repair! 100% satisfaction guaranteed!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
Copyright ©2019  Elite East Orange Appliance Repair